Family-to-Family Classes in Chapel Hill and Durham
For family members and close friends of persons living with Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), Major Depression, Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia, Schizoaffective Disorder, Panic Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, or Borderline Personality Disorder
This free series of 12 weekly classes is taught by trained NAMI members who have experienced having a loved one with mental illness. In a confidential setting, family members and friends of people with mental illness will learn about:
- How mental illness affects your loved one
- Eye-opening current brain research related to mental illness
- Being an advocate for better treatments for your loved one
- Medication issues and the latest treatment options
- Strategies for dealing with stress and worry to help you take care of yourself while supporting your loved one
Chapel Hill Class meets Sundays, January 7 thru March 25, 2018, 2-4:30 pm
Freedom House, 104 New Stateside Drive, Chapel Hill, NC 27516
Contact: Nancy Brickman at 919-818-8065 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Durham Class meets Tuesdays, January 16 thru April 3, 2018, 7-9:30 pm
Westminster Presbyterian Church, 3639 Old Chapel Hill Road, Durham 27707
Contact: Violette Blumenthal 919-358-6788 or email@example.com
Registration required. Each class limited to 25 persons.
Program sponsored by NAMI-NC, NAMI Orange County and NAMI Durham